Birch is a sacred and emblematic material in Laplander culture. It has a finely interwoven grain and delicate patterning. Its extraordinary lightness and clear color give the "Le Français" model a rather ethereal aspect.
Folding knife with liner-lock, screw-mounted.
Straightening, assembly, shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening all handcrafted in our Thiers workshop.
Dimensions: 199 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Assembly on beryllium copper washers.
Blade length: 90 mm
width: 17 mm
thickness: 2.45 mm
steel 19C27 (Sandvik)
Rockwell hardness: 57 HRC
Slow-ground and polished using traditional techniques with scoured buffalo leather.
Mounted on hexagon socket screws (stainless steel).
Inspired by a 17th century knife design, Perceval has taken the core features from the original design and adapted them to suit your needs. Thus, the "Le Français" model faithfully reflects the French lifestyle, combining practicality with elegance. The ideal companion in everyday life, equally essential both in town and country. With this knife, you will get as much pleasure out of slicing a dried sausage as cutting into a juicy Rossini tournedos steak.
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold up it.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.