Although similar in shade to Santos Rosewood, Mozambique ebony actually has a far more concentrated grain and higher density. This means that the wood can be polished to such a degree that the surface appears smooth as ice.
Folding knife, single-handed opening (Piedmont style) and friction (allying tradition and contemporary design, non-blocking, with clip lock in closed position).
Straightening, assembly, shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening all handcrafted in our Thiers workshop.
Dimensions: 205 mm x 21 mm x 10 mm
Assembly on beryllium copper washers
Blade length: 95 mm
width: 20 mm
thickness: 2.45 mm
steel 14C28N (Sandvik)
Rockwell hardness: 59 HRC
Slow-ground and polished using traditional techniques with scoured buffalo leather.
HANDLE: Mozambique ebony
Supplied with a full-grain leather sheath.
The "L-09" model, a tool that has served the Piedmont shepherds through the ages, is now seen a sophisticated accessory for elegant city dwellers, while still preserving its authentic features. Its fastener allows single-hand opening and blade locking using the thumb or index finger. A sleek, clean-cut line with no mechanism, pure simplicity!
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold up it.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.
You may be interested by this: