Le Français is a knife that has a rare elegance that allows it to be as comfortable in the city and countryside.
For hundreds of years, boxwood has been used for its strength and reliability as one of the hardest woods found in France. Throughout history, this one has been the chosen wood to make tools, so it was obvious for us to choose it for our knives.
Not dishwasher proof.
Our knives are guaranteed for life.
Non-contractual photo, every knife is unique.
Folding knife with liner-lock, screw-mounted.
Straightening, assembly, shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening are all handcrafted in our Thiers workshop.
Dimensions: 199 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Weight : 70g
Assembled with beryllium copper washers.
Dimensions: 90 mm x 17 mm x 2,5 mm
Semi-stainless steel 19C27 (Sandvik) - cryogenic treatment
Rockwell hardness: 57 HRC
Slow-ground and polished using traditional techniques with scoured buffalo leather.
Dimensions: 109 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Material: Boxwood Burl
Assembled with pan head screws (stainless steel).
Supplied with a full-grain leather sheath.
Inspired by a 17th century knife design, Perceval has taken the core features from the original design and adapted them to suit your needs. Thus, the "Le Français" model faithfully reflects the French lifestyle, combining practicality with elegance. The ideal companion in everyday life, equally essential both in town and country. With this knife, you will get as much pleasure out of slicing a dried sausage as cutting into a juicy Rossini tournedos steak.
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold it up.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.
You may be interested by this: