Le Français is a knife that has a rare elegance that allows it to be as comfortable in the city and countryside.
The gaïac hes the ability to secrete its own wax which has the effect of maintaining an always glossy appearance, plus it reacts to sunlight intensifying its green color.
Not dishwasher proof.
Also available in table knife.
Our knives are guaranteed for life.
Non-contractual photo, every knife is unique.
Folding knife with liner-lock, screw-mounted.
Straightening, assembly, shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening all handcrafted in our Thiers workshop.
Dimensions: 199 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Weight : 70g
Assembly on beryllium copper washers.
Dimensions: 90 mm x 17 mm x 2,5 mm
Semi-stainless steel 19C27 (Sandvik) - cryogenic treatment
Rockwell hardness: 57 HRC
Slow-ground and polished using traditional techniques with scoured buffalo leather.
Dimensions: 109 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Mounted on hexagon socket screws (stainless steel).
The gaïac, also known as the "tree of life" ("lignum vitae" in Latin) is a small tree that is found mainly in Central America and the Caribbean. It is renowned for its high density which makes it one of the hard and heavy wood of the tropics.
Inspired by a 17th century knife design, Perceval has taken the core features from the original design and adapted them to suit your needs. Thus, the "Le Français" Damascus model faithfully reflects the French lifestyle, combining practicality with jewel-like elegance. With this knife, you will get as much pleasure out of slicing a dried sausage as cutting into a juicy Rossini tournedos steak.
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold it up.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.