Perceval uses the very latest, cutting-edge metallurgy technology for its Damascus blades. The steel is laminated using powder technology. This crystalline-scale sintering method preserves the fine-grained texture and makes the alloy highly resistant to corrosion.
On Le Français model, the Damascus derives from twisted bars that, after grinding, reveal the fine wavy lines and star shapes that characterize the "Twist" motif.
Not dishwasher proof.
Our knives are guaranteed for life.
Non-contractual photo, every knife is unique.
Folding knife with liner-lock, screw-mounted.
Straightening, assembly, guillochage (French filework engraving technic) shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening are all handcrafted in our Thiers workshop.
Dimensions: 199 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Assembled with beryllium copper washers
Blade length: 90 mm
width: 17 mm
thickness: 2.45 mm
steel stainless Damascus twisted type (powder metallurgy)
Rockwell hardness: 57 HRC Slow-ground and polished using traditional techniques with scoured buffalo leather.
HANDLE : Olive wood
Supplied with a full-grain leather sheath.
Assembled with pan head screws (stainless steel).
Inspired by a 17th century knife design, Perceval has taken the core features from the original design and adapted them to suit your needs. Thus, the "Le Français" Damascus model faithfully reflects the French lifestyle, combining practicality with jewel-like elegance. With this knife, you will get as much pleasure out of slicing a dried sausage as cutting into a juicy Rossini tournedos steak.
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold up it.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.
You may be interested by this: