Perceval Le Français, full handle shaped in the « Imilac » meteorite, pallasite discovered in 1822 in the Atacama desert (Chile).
The pallasite are the most rare and gorgeous metallic meteorite. They are part of the original substance of our solar system ; destined to formed the core of the planets.
This piece is a debris from a disintegrating comet. estimated to be over 4,5 billion years.
Forged blade from steel shaft furnace, realized by Christian Moretti.
Gold leaf 24 carat, applied by Marcel Croce.
100 % Made in France by French Excellence.
Dimensions: 199 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Blade mounted with beryllium copper washers.
lenght : 90 mm
width : 17 mm
thickness : 2,45 mm
Steel obtained with iron ore from low furnaces atmospheric quenching
Hardness Rockwell : 57 HRC
Slow grinding and traditional polishing with emery-covered buffalo leather.
HANDLE : Imilac meteorite
Mounted with pan head screws (stainless steel).
Prestige "Le Français" folding knife range
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold it up.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.
You may be interested by this: