This type of horn is characterised by wavy fibres and its speckles. We process this material in the same way as deer horn: we give it a shape, but retain the surface texture. The result is a very tactile, multi-coloured object that can be admired from many angles.
Folding knife, single-handed opening (Piedmont style) and friction (allying tradition and contemporary design, non-blocking, with clip lock in closed position).
Not dishwasher proof.
Our knives are guaranteed for life.
Non-contractual photo, every knife is unique.
Folding knife with liner-lock, screw-mounted.
Straightening, assembly, guillochage (French filework engraving technic) shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening are all handcrafted in our Thiers workshop.
Dimensions: 205 mm x 21 mm x 10 mm
Assembled with beryllium copper washers
lenght : 95 mm
width : 20 mm
thickness : 2,45 mm
steel :14C28N (Sandvik)
Hardness Rockwell : 59 HRC
Slow grinding and traditional polishing with emery-covered buffalo leather.
Handle: Blond ram's horn
Assembled with pan head screws (stainless steel).
Supplied with a full-grain leather sheath.
The "L-09" model, a tool that has served the Piedmont shepherds through the ages, is now seen a sophisticated accessory for elegant city dwellers, while still preserving its authentic features. Its fastener allows single-hand opening and blade locking using the thumb or index finger. A sleek, clean-cut line with no mechanism, pure simplicity!
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold it up.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.
You may be interested by this: